Thursday, June 17, 2010

captivated


Here's a new concept for you.

I fell into a dream last night.

I was walking through a bright, vibrant orange orchard in Northern California.

Amidst the gleaming colors, I began to thirst in the field.

-now since I was in an orange orchard, I figured what better to cure my thirst than a tall glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.

But as I reached for the first orange I saw, it was swiftly drawn up higher into the tree, by some kind of counter-gravitational force.

now mind you, I reached for the largest, brightest, plumpest orange I could find.
and it ran upward from my reach.

frustrated at the particular orange, I grabbed for his neighbor. But his neighbor too withdrew into the sky, higher than the first this time.

I kept reaching, grabbing, jumping, climbing, trying to get ahold of at least one of these voluptuous fruits before my thirst over-came me.

and then....I caught one.

i quickly ripped the peeling off, and sunk my teeth into the very heart of this prize.

and it tasted terrible. It was bitter, and dull. I became sick, and felt dizzy.
then I collapsed to the ground.


I awoke in bed to find a bottle of Citrus-Pine-Sol half empty on the floor, beside my bed.
don't ask me if i drank it....we'll just say I didn't.




what if love were the oranges....
food for thought. (pun)
: )

have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment