Saturday, July 31, 2010

Here's to the morning



You are the second cup of coffee, that I reach for after I am fully awake.
wanting not your frivolous caffeine boost.....
.....Wanting only the enjoyment of you.

Mornings such as this one are priceless to me. The aches in my back and feet, and the sleep in my eyes remind me that I'm living. The sound of 20's jazz and the ache of Louis Armstrong's raspy voice fill my ears. Reminding me that there is indeed reason to carry on.
Rhythm, musical alliteration, staccato's and fortunado's, chord clashes and swing shoe laces. Jazz, you rest so close to my soul. Especially on a morning such as this. Sunlight beaming through the glass pane window, foreshadowing the triple digit day to come. The old yellow labrador asleep on the kitchen floor.

Ahh Life. Drink it up.


Just like this coffee, it's what I make it.


-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment