Monday, August 2, 2010

on this Monday evening


I am enjoying this night all too much to still consider it a Monday. Finally back at home around 8:30 this morning, I began installing my new door knob that's been waiting for me all weekend. Feeling manly and brawn, I am proud to say it is finally finished!......Though it may look terribly shabby. It's functional. Goal accomplished.
Today was chaos at the clinic. (Orthopedic Clinic, to specify for those new to the blog) It was everything a Monday should be. Full of unexpected hassle. yet unexpected fulfillment.

The day began with our first patient, a man who would watch me remove 32 staples from his leg. his wife was grossed out. He almost PASSED out. and I steamed full throttle ahead. We then applied a fiberglass leg cast, roll by roll, from his upper hip, to the tips of his toes. Quite the chore. Quite the smell (his feet)
This task set us behind significantly on the day's schedule. And my feet were "kept warm" as doc would like to put it. Factually, I am typing this post with no feeling in my left hand because it is still covered with a thin layer of activated fiberglass (which will HOPEFULLY fall off in a couple of days). Long day short, I am happy. I am glad that today happened. I am glad to feel alive, even if that means being fatigued.

Good Love, from the Mid-West,

kyle

1 comment: