Wednesday, February 2, 2011

For the love of the simple: and printed word.


Days like today seem to leave lots of room for open thought. Room upstair for spontaneous trains to run their course. It's been said that cave-people grew more intellectual as a result of days like today. The slow invention of stone tools made the day's work lighter, and there became a gap between work's-end and sleep. Fire's were built and the family's would gather around them and sit. and think.

In my life, every once in a while, I am reminded of how beautifully simple the world is. If you listen to media, television news crews, and minute by minute reports.....you'll soon realize how easy it is to lose sight of the day's simplicity. Reverting back to self, and sitting in front of the fire while long tones seep from the stereo I am so filled. I become so full. of life's simple, simple, joys.

I feel like Facebook has changed our whole world. I honestly don't think we'll ever see a pre-facebook world ever again. Not saying the newest thing wont come along and captivate the souls of the masses. It will. But we'll never see a world without minute by minute updates. Sometimes I wish technology would just implode on itself. All of it. Gone in an instant. I'd have to go to class again. Sit in a desk again. Count minutes on the clock again. As much as i hated it pre-2004, sometimes you don't know a good thing till it's gone. (a proverb that has been driven home one too many times in my life) (and has resulted in a life lived with hopes of never missing the GOOD.)

In 2004 I was a freshman in high school. I was Mr. The Man. All of my "buddies" were Seniors, and I played the guitar like freddy fender. They thought i was cool...so they showed me facebook. It wasn't long before 4 or 5 of us were on it, checking eachother's profiles. It was just a Myspace knock off back then. And I was tired of Xanga. *sigh*

Then, things never went down hill. Always more and more net time.

I don't follow many blogs. Just 2 or 3. But they are a great 2 or 3 to follow. the key to your personal satisfaction in entering the blog world seems to be all about who you surround yourself with. I've been lucky enough to surround myself with a few who've had a great impact on my thoughts. I've found others who also, seek beauty in the small things. Seek love in the simple.

The following link will lead you to a page of my most favorite photography. Things that are ornate, danty, vast, and simple.


I'd love to post the pictures straight to here, but I love them all! and that would take days.

enjoy yourself in this snowy non-sense. and stay simple.

; )

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately.

    Enjoy the snow!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete