Sunday, May 23, 2010

10 years ago and forever


I think it's sunday afternoons such as these. that my memories work both for me, and against me. you see, without including a John Mayer cliche, i feel, sometimes, that half of my heart is still in the hands of a blonde headed Texas girl who's never coming back.

~ we'd sit on the dock, out by the lake. sundays after church. and have ice cream cones, and talk about how we couldn't wait to graduate. and all that we were going to do once we did. well...

here we are.

doing all we've done.

she's married these days. and I'm pursuing the sun like never before. giving time a run for it's money.

My bronco was bright red on top with a white stripe down the side. It smelled like gasoline and high school. And it was perfect. and so was she. that day.

~I believe that during our youth, we undergo moments that bring about feelings which will never be reproduced. some things are one time, only time. and you'd better soak them in. because before you can blink, you'll wake up and she won't be there.

all my love, to the girl who's picture sat forever on my dashboard,

Kyle


this photo was taken 4 years ago this memorial day weekend, and yes, that is CL in the back seat. what a youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment