Saturday, June 12, 2010

Air in my lungs, fire in my spirit


It would be a lie if I said the times of late have been anything short of incredible.

I don't know how else to explain, the splendor I have found in my Savior. I have waited for this feeling for so long now. Like a rush of cool air on a humid summer afternoon, when the temperature pushes 93 degrees.....God has cleared the storm.

It is time to love. It is time to live. And this battle I have wagered is finally complete. It's finally won. Most importantly, it's finally over. Over the past year and a half, I have fought a battle so thick, that I thought at times it could never be overcome.

I set out on an expedition you see, to find out who exactly Kyle Curry was. I ran to the corners of the country and fled everything I'd ever know. Denounced friends I'd kept for life, changed styles, and let my heart sing a different song. And after all of this, after all of the battle, (battle being over-used at this point) I have finally won.

This is who I am:

I love my family.

I love books that take me across the oceans and into new worlds.

I love music that comes from a man's soul. Regardless of the tone or genre.

I love Chinese buffet foods, and would gladly eat it every day, given the chance.

I love the dizzy feeling I get when I look up to the tops of the high-rise buildings in downtown Dallas. And how insignificant I feel at their feet.

I love watching the sun set over the red barn at my family's old farm, even though now days I'm trespassing.

I love the way the lake smells when your catching fish at 2 am with friends you know care more about you than their own family.

I love my school, and the people who surround me there.

I love education, and believe all things can be achieved through learning.

I'd love a Mercedes coupe. But have a special place in my mind for my green (one-mirrored) truck.

I love the idea if becoming completely lost in New York city, and never coming back.

I love helping people, especially if it's through medicine.

I love the chills I get when I stand behind a crowd of youth at Falls Creek praising God at the top of their voices.

I love who I've found in me, and thank God that I went through this hard, strained, fraying process.

I love that it's over though : )


What do you love? Maybe it's time to start thinking about loving something...

-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment