Monday, August 16, 2010


I don't want anything right now. I just want to write.
I want to think a thought, strike a key, and see my mind unfold on this page. I just want to sit here, and move nothing but my fingers (because thats all the strength I have left today) and listen to In Your Atmosphere. I just want to sit here with the TV on, volume muted, and watch the pictures dance across my living room. I don't want to think about books, or the lack thereof. I don't care about a single class I sat in today (which is usually unlike me). I don't care that there are new faces filling the halls and sidewalks. I cared yesterday. I cared the day before. But today..... I don't care.
Today I love this silence. Today I love the thought that in 2 weeks I'll be seeing my favorite musician live again. (from the 6th row front and center, mind you). I love my blinds drawn, my music playing, and my head clear. Often, peace is sought. (not given).

I am, however, truly thankful.
thankful for this room i sit in.
thankful for the car i drove up in.
thankful my friend kevin is alive after his near death car accident.
even though it was a rough one....there is so much to be loved about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment