Sunday, September 26, 2010

Letters From Fall


Oh the weary eyes of autumn, she runs through my veins again.

Like hair borrowed from a ray of sunlight. Her chill is so calm.

The wheat of the fields is put away grain by grain. The farmer bows to

the Summer sun one last sweet time before he bids her toil goodbye.


Oh leaves, oh trees, sweet air all a’bloom

oh love oh love, washes my lungs clean,

I’d thrill to say you’re soon.

The breeze brings chance, hope, and wonder

to each of our hearts all at once.


Here’s a poem I wrote last September, as I sat and felt the first breeze of Fall one year ago.


Letters from fall by. Kyle


The stars knock upon my window with icy rays of distant light.

They’ve come through fathoms of time and chill to fall upon my chest

I can see one in specific who cries out “save me, and hold me, keep me warm” in awe of the bliss


As nights bid adieu the eve, and the sun plays with what the moon saw,

So does summer bid farewell to spring, and shakes the sleeve of fall

With wet eyes she turns her leaves, and offers her colors to the will of the wind

While untouchable rain falls from the sky and Dew is felt again


The toils and toll of Summer’s thick control are lost within the smell of frigid air

While the labor man works his knees pop and jerk, but the trade for the heat seems fair

I can hear a cricket’s cry in the distance, though his melody tonight seems more coarse

He too must know that the quarters have changed, lessened sunlight is perhaps his source


The whooper-will has long put away his call, and taken flight beside the wing of his summer’s love

While the people of the world watch the stars through their windows and wish agape to be sent from above.

Softer words lie in all of our hearts as our cheeks from the chill become red

And thoughts like “want to. Should have, and will you” lackadaisically dance in our heads


September she is quiet, but has soo much to say, if within her joy you’ll peer

Take a step. Take a chance. In spite of the frost...thanks goodness, autumn is here.



Stella


No comments:

Post a Comment