Friday, September 17, 2010

She Was Not


Here's my confession dear.

I recently put my heart on the line for a young lady. I thought I'd do something nice and take her out. Not because of a one moment impulse, but because she was worth waiting for the right moment for. The right moment to take her out. The right evening to ask the "do you like me" question. Well, the answer I anticipated wasn't the answer I got. You see I thought she might say "I don't think of you that way," or "I'm really trying to focus on my friend base," hell a good old fashioned "NO" would have been awesome. Would have made my week. Since "yes" was obviously out of the question. But hey, maybe while we're young we oughta jump right? Since our hearts still have a few miles left on them, why not ask?
I'm writing this tonight fellas to tell you not to ask. If your intuition tells you that she isn't into it, don't bother. Because a few weeks later when you haven't heard a word from them, you'll wish you would have taken someone worth it. Spent a couple hundred bucks on someone who gave a $#!*. Yep I just cursed at you. Read it twice so it sinks in. I'd say that my soul isn't full of bitterness, but misunderstanding rather. Confusion. Standing on the outside of a heart in a lock box, looking in, wondering what the hell the combination is. Well, a year's a year. And the year is over. Here's the last thought, the last night, and the last wonder laid to rest.
Love is worth it.
She was not.

Thanks for listening.

Kyle




No comments:

Post a Comment