Sunday, May 1, 2011

Everything that cannot be said.


For the past three months, things have been different. I was silent. though I have sang nearly every day. My guitar-man's calluses have returned on my left index and ring fingers. They slowly came about as the pen callus on my right hand has faded. I put down every book I own. And I picked up my guitar. And I sang. and I slept. and I sang. and I slept.

......and it has been wonderful.

I took off my backpack, turned off every alarm I own, and woke up happy every day. It's been a bad season for grades. But a wonderful season for soul. I feel again, as if I have learned soo much. So many great things have come from this "time off" as I've come to call it.

I've let my hair grow without cut. It is now appx 4-5 inches long. That's a good 3 months work for me. Considering the usual "high and tight" that I've had for so long. Sometimes when people ask me what I've been up to, I say "you know, just concentrating on making this hair grow."

It's been an interesting yet relaxed ride. January until now. I've met and learned from so many people. From so many different walks of life. Men of love, men of faith, men of the bottle, and women all alike. Each carrying their own insights on what they believe to be the "secrets of life." Yes I realized it's been months since I've written on this blog. It's been months since I've done much of anything, other than play my guitar.

I've done some things right, done more things wrong, and enjoyed most every minute of it within the Spring season. As of today, May 2nd, 2011.....these are some of the greatest word's that I've found.....


We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. -Robert Duvall

If ever you feel undecided, follow your heart. And don't think twice, it's alright. -Bob Dylan

I appreciate your reading my words. Stay in love.

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment