Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Fulfilling of Dreams and Prophecy



Any man can speak his dreams.


Any man can look directly into the eyes of adversity and proclaim "I'll do it, you'll see. I'll become a Medical Doctor."

But friends, i write you this evening to say, that I AM one step closer to fulfilling those dreams. a lifetime's worth of hope, dreams, sweat, tears, blood, frustration, break-ups, let-downs, lift-ups, and hard work is about to culminate.

On Wednesday, April 4th 2012.....I will interview to become a Medical Doctor. At approximately 8am, I will sit with my best shoes shined, inside of a building where doctors are built. And I will wait.


I will wait for my name to be called, amongst a list of others, who have worked equally as hard. I will wait for my name, given to me by my mother, reflective of my father, and great grandfather's name, to be spoken aloud. James.

I will be next in line. I will stand, straighten my coat, breath in slowly through my nose, and step forward. This is the day I've waited for, and I just might get it all.

I will sit in a chair so heavy with burden that it 'ought be built of solid oak. So many others have sat in the chair where I sit. Explaining why they are superior. Explaining why they love, what they love. Explaining why they breathe.

I sit.

And I speak.


I tell of my mother. And I tell of my father.
I tell of my victories, and my defeats. I tell of my passion, and my flaws. I tell of God's grace, and the alignment of the stars. I answer the why. then I rise, and exit.

The impression i leave, and the mark I make will indefinitely determine my future.

...am I, or am I not....to become a Medical Student.


If this message finds you, friend, I pray that you'll pray for me.

Pray for my soul, but more importantly, pray for the souls that I might save, given this grand opportunity.

Pray.

April 4th 2012
8am CST





No comments:

Post a Comment